Thursday 23 February 2012

Uncertainty Principle.

So then, to the world of the small; the quantum world.


The world where nothing is as you seem - its different to the world of big.


This equation (located below) is the equation that basically proves the theorem i'm going to explain, since most people don't like math, I wont go over the math inside it.


This is the Uncertainty Principle equation.
This principle states that the more you know about an electrons position the less you know about its momentum and vice versa, etc. To view an electron you must bounce a photon off of it, and when you do this, it disturbs the electron, causing a change in its momentum.


So the more you know about one, the less you know about the other.


This really isn't a long post, and I am sorry for that, but if I were to make it longer, I would have to introduce mathematics, and everyone I know who reads this basically hates math.


... Bar me and Chris of course.


So you now know what this equation looks like and what it proves/stands for, but you don't know the math, if you would like to know about the math, just leave a comment.


Thanks for reading, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment