Sunday 22 January 2012

Ghosts.


"Behind every man now alive stand 30 ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living" - Arthur C Clarke

Do you believe in ghosts?
The 'paranormal'?
Any kind of entity? 

There is no real evidence toward ghosts, only skepticism. Many people do not want to believe in ghosts, as they are 'something to fear' - when really, if they do exist, are they?

They're only people - like me and you. (Thats if you're not an Alien)

People disregard the existence of ghosts because of the way they are portrayed in movies, and things of that nature. They think that because a door slams shut, ghosts aren't real. But then again, what is real? To question a ghosts existence is the question the existence of a deity(s). They must all be locked away in another dimension, or something we do not know; cannot comprehend.

I myself do believe in the unknown, there is what I would call evidence - exorcisms, hauntings, demons. I believe in them all, my friends uncle is a priest, and he has 'witnessed' a ghost. As has my granddad, he was looking through a pair of thermal goggles and witnessed a body, without a head. You may be skeptical toward this notion, but I believe it - he is my granddad though.

The bond between the world we are in, and the world ghosts are in is tightly wrapped. They must be. People believe your ghost, is just your soul. People have even tried to weigh your soul (Google it). I think there must be a connection. How do people communicate with ghosts? Do they lie too?

The amount of hauntings over the years, the amount of ghost sights, the amount of films. Could this all be just a hoax? All of the sightings everywhere all just one big lie? That is for you to decide.

To conclude, do you believe in the paranormal? The unknown? Try and think about how these entities would exist in society like ours, if in theory - they exist. Would they roam about, unnoticed, unloved and unknown? Would they haunt us? Torture us? Try to kill us? I believe we will one day know the truth about the things that are lies. 

Thanks for reading, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment