Friday 27 January 2012

Motivation.

"If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes." - St. Clement of Alexandra

Motivation is a key part of all of our lives. Other than the compulsory elements; motivation is one of the key aspects to living, surviving and prospering. Everything, literally every action you choose to do requires motivation. Some of us being motivated far easier than others.

We live in a world in which we are brought up to expect everything to come to us very easily. The way our society works is that you have to work to gain your expectations. Only the richest get what they want easily. 

In a world that is getting harder to get a job, we must start younger. I want to be a physicist when I am older, and I am acquiring many of the skills I will need at a very young age. Researching things I will not have to actually learn for another 2 years, to 4. Getting ahead of your opponents is a necessity now, we need to surpass our competition in order to make our selves known to the world.

Another aspect that is key in our lives is perseverance, if we do not persevere, we will not come near our targets. An example of perseverance revolves around my idol, one of the men I aspire to be like.

Albert Einstein.

After graduating Einstein suffered 2 painful years looking for a teaching post. He then did his thesis, and was awarded a PhD. Einstein's dissertation was named "A New Determination of Molecular Dimensions". That year was Einstein's miracle year, he published 4 papers. They were amazing, they made him known to the scientific community. (The papers were his papers on Brownian Motion, Special Relativity, Photoelectric Effect and the Equivalence of Matter and Energy.)

Einstein failed many times during all of his theories, but he persevered and look at him now. He is idolised by many and is renown for his contribution in physics.

So you, sitting here reading this. What are you doing for you future? Are you giving yourself a head start in life? You should be, if you want to accomplish anything in this lifetime, you need to get up and make yourself known. Do your research, revise your subjects and ignore any discrimination.

"You think you know everything."

I get this quote directed at me daily now, and i'm unsure why. I could be arrogant, or people could be just jealous in a sense? I admit I want to know everything, and I will strive to that goal of ultimate knowledge. I constantly try at everything I do, and I succeed quite a lot. Im a determined person. My attitudes toward intelligence make me a wiser person than many others.

"I wasn't trying, I'll do better next time."

I hear this cliche quite a lot. The fact people say this reflects quite a lot on the person they are, it points toward an insecurity of fear of failure. Fear of not being on par with others, in my opinion. If you do worse than someone else, don't say "Oh I wasn't trying", thats just tricking yourself into thinking you dont need to improve. Tell yourself, "oh at least I tried, ill strive to surpass my target next time, ill strive to overcome everyone." That determination is the type you need in life to get far.

To conclude, what have you done lately? Sat, browsed Facebook and Twitter? Or researched your future? I think we both know the answer. Do something about your life. "We life in a world of free speech yet no one has anything to say" be the one to change the system, make yourself known. 

Get ahead in the race to success.

As always - Thanks for reading, Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment